BackBay Communications, an integrated public relations, content development, and digital marketing agency focused on the financial services sector, is seeking a Media Relations Manager. We are looking for someone with four or more years’ experience conducting media relations for financial services companies. The role will focus on generating positive news coverage for BackBay’s financial services clients. The role involves pitching client news and thought leadership to the media, as well as crafting sophisticated pitches and the development of robust media lists. Candidates may have PR agency, in-house, or journalism experience.
- Strategize and pitch the media on behalf of BackBay’s clients to generate interview opportunities about clients’ firm news, thought leadership, and other topics.
- Craft sophisticated pitches about clients’ news and industry trends for the media.
- Develop and maintain robust media lists, reflective of the changing media landscape.
- Track clients’ media engagement for quarterly reporting
- Support the rest of BackBay’s team with other tasks, as needed
- Proactive, smart, and highly professional
- Knowledgeable about financial services, and business and economic news; also, knowledgeable about the current media landscape
- 4+ years of PR or journalism experience.
- Strong writing, editing/proofreading, and verbal/presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate with other team members.
- Project management experience, and highly organized with ability to juggle multiple projects, meet tight deadlines, be proactive, own initiatives and execute to completion.
- Hybrid work environment
- Work-life balance
- Employer-subsidized healthcare, dental, and vision plans
- Health, dependent care, and commuter benefit flexible spending accounts
- Employer-covered life and disability insurance
- Employer-sponsored retirement plan
- Three weeks of paid vacation leave, sick leave, holidays, and birthdays off
- Paid volunteer days
- Collaborative work environment
- Team bonding and social activities
- Employee learning and development opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Growing agency with opportunities for advancement
About BackBay Communications
Founded in 2005, BackBay Communications is a strategic integrated communications firm focused on the financial services sectors, including private equity, investment management, financial technology, and ESG/Impact investing. BackBay is highly regarded for its thought leadership initiatives and relationships with the business media. With offices in Boston and London, BackBay serves companies across the United States and Europe, and elsewhere through strategic partnerships. BackBay offers a competitive salary, full benefits package, great work environment and opportunity for advancement. If interested, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Media Relations Manager.