BackBay Communications, an integrated public relations, content development, and digital marketing agency focused on the financial services sector, is seeking an Account Supervisor, based in our Boston office. We are looking for a PR professional with 4+ years of agency or corporate experience working with financial services companies, to help manage and implement integrated public relations, media relations, thought leadership content, and digital marketing efforts on behalf of BackBay’s private equity clients.
- As a member of BackBay’s Private Equity group, assist with developing and implementing integrated public relations, media relations and digital campaigns for multiple clients.
- Help client teams with story development.
- Pitch the media on client news and thought leadership commentary.
- Serve as a key member of the private equity group.
- Help manage client account teams.
- Provide strategic client counsel.
- Develop and nurture relationships with journalists and other influencers.
- Support the execution of integrated, multi-channel B2B digital campaigns for clients.
- Promotes and upholds BackBay’s core values.
- Has a positive attitude, is a self-starter and is detail-oriented with work and clients.
- Organized, articulate, and possess a sense of urgency.
- 4+ years’ public relations/communications agency, corporate PR, or journalism experience, with a financial services focus.
- Loves media relations.
- Strong writing, editing and presentation skills.
- Desire to become an expert on clients’ businesses to generate story ideas and develop newsworthy, strategic PR programs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Roxhill, Cision, Critical Mention.
- Desire to be a part of a fast-moving, collaborative, team.
- Desire to work in a team-based environment and contribute as a team player.
- Ability to support and interact with multiple clients and personalities in a professional manner.
- A track record of delivering results for clients.
- Proactive, smart, professional, knowledgeable about business and economic news.
- Project management experience, and highly organized with ability to juggle multiple projects, meet tight deadlines, be proactive, own initiatives and execute to completion.
- Previous work with private equity firms a plus.
- Digital marketing experience, using LinkedIn organic and sponsored posts, Google AdWords, and Mailchimp or Constant Contact a plus.
- Hybrid work environment
- Health and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Three weeks of vacation, holidays, birthdays off
- Volunteer days
- Summer Fridays every other week in June, July, August
- Collaborative environment
- Growing agency with opportunities for advancement
About BackBay Communications
Founded in 2005, BackBay Communications is a strategic integrated communications firm focused on the financial services sectors, including private equity, investment management, financial technology, and ESG/Impact investing. BackBay is highly regarded for its thought leadership initiatives and relationships with the business media. With offices in Boston and London, BackBay serves companies across the United States and Europe, and elsewhere through strategic partnerships. BackBay offers a competitive salary, full benefits package, great work environment and opportunity for advancement. If interested, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: PR Account Supervisor.