BackBay Communications, an integrated public relations, content development, and digital marketing agency focused on the financial services sector, is seeking a Media Strategist. We are looking for a current or former private equity journalist with five or more years’ experience. The role will focus on interviewing, researching, and writing thought leadership articles on behalf of senior private equity executives at our client companies, identifying potential trend stories and pitching them to the media for possible client interviews, and pitching the media on client news releases, such as deals, fund closes, research and new hires. The thought leadership content development will include short blogs, bylined articles, ocassional white papers, video scripts, and website copy. BackBay is one of leading global communications firms that specializes in private equity, having worked with more than 120 to date.
- Strategize with BackBay’s Private Equity group members and clients on content topics that are timely/trending and align with our private equity clients’ business lines and objectives.
- Research, interview, outline, write, edit content for our private equity clients.
- Pitch the media on behalf of our private equity clients for thought leadership commentary on trend stories.
- Pitch private equity clients’ news to the media for news coverage and possible interviews.
- Liaise with BackBay’s creative team.
- Create article abstracts that the Private Equity account teams can pitch to the media for article placement, as well as to arrange media interviews for clients on thought leadership articles.
- Proactive, smart, professional, knowledgeable about private equity, business and economic news.
- Ability to multitask and manage several articles and projects at different stages of development.
- 5+ years of journalism writing experience.
- Writing, editing/proofreading, and verbal/presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate with other private equity team members.
- Project management experience, and highly organized with ability to juggle multiple projects, meet tight deadlines, be proactive, own initiatives and execute to completion.
- Remote or hybrid work environment
- Health and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match (U.S.)
- Three weeks of vacation, holidays, birthdays off
- Volunteer days
- Summer Fridays every other week from Memorial Day to Labor Day
- Collaborative environment
- Growing agency with opportunities for advancement
About BackBay Communications
Founded in 2005, BackBay Communications is a strategic integrated communications firm focused on the financial services sectors, including private equity, investment management, financial technology, and ESG/Impact investing. BackBay is highly regarded for its thought leadership initiatives and relationships with the business media. With offices in Boston and London, BackBay serves companies across the United States and Europe, and elsewhere through strategic partnerships. BackBay offers a competitive salary, full benefits package, great work environment and opportunity for advancement. If interested, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Media Strategist, Private Equity.