BackBay Communications, an integrated public relations, content development, and digital marketing agency focused on the financial services sector, is seeking a Financial Services Writer, based in our Boston office. We are looking for a current or former financial services journalist with five or more years’ experience. The role will focus on interviewing, researching, and writing thought leadership articles on behalf of senior executives at our client companies. It will include short blogs, bylined articles, white papers, video scripts, website copy, and other materials. The Writer will report to BackBay’s Head of Content Development.
- Strategize on content topics that are timely/trending and also align with our clients’ business lines and objectives.
- Research, interview, outline, write, edit content for clients.
- Work closely with BackBay’s Head of Content, business line heads and account teams to create content.
- Provide strategic client counsel as needed.
- Develop and nurture relationships with clients.
- Help client teams with story development.
- Liaise with Creative team.
- Create abstracts of content that account teams can pitch to the media for article placement, as well as to arrange media interviews for clients on the content theme.
- Proactive, smart, professional, knowledgeable about business and economic news.
- Ability to multitask and manage several articles at different stages of development.
- 5+ years of journalism or financial services company content writing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Writing, editing/proofreading and verbal/presentation skills.
- Ability to work well with Head of Content, business line leaders, and account teams.
- Project management experience, and highly organized with ability to juggle multiple projects, meet tight deadlines, be proactive, own initiatives and execute to completion.
- Health and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match (U.S.)
- Three weeks of vacation, holidays, birthdays off
- Volunteer days
- Summer Fridays every other week from Memorial Day to Labor Day
- Collaborative environment
- Growing agency with opportunities for advancement
About BackBay Communications
BackBay Communications is a 17-year-old strategic integrated communications firm focused on the financial services sectors, including private equity, investment management, financial technology, and ESG/Impact investing. BackBay is highly regarded for its thought leadership initiatives and relationships with the business media. With offices in Boston and London, BackBay serves companies across the United States and Europe, and elsewhere through strategic partnerships. BackBay offers a competitive salary, full benefits package, great work environment and opportunity for advancement. Contact If interested, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Financial Services Writer – Boston.