BackBay Communications, an award-winning integrated public relations, content development, and digital marketing agency focused on the financial services sector, is seeking a Financial Services Writer, based in our Boston office, to ghost write articles for our Asset Management clients. We are looking for a current or former financial services journalist with five or more years’ experience. The role will focus on interviewing, researching, and writing thought leadership articles on behalf of chief investment officers, portfolio managers, and other senior executives at our client companies. It will include short blogs, bylined articles, white papers, video scripts, website copy, and other materials.
- Strategize on content topics that are timely/trending and align with our clients’ business lines and objectives.
- Research, interview, outline, write, and edit content for clients.
- Work closely with BackBay teams that support asset management clients in the public and private markets as well as ESG/impact.
- Provide strategic client counsel as needed.
- Develop and nurture relationships with clients.
- Help client teams with story development.
- Liaise with BackBay’s Creative team.
- Proactive, smart, professional, knowledgeable about the financial markets (public and private assets), investment strategy, ESG/impact investing, and business/economics.
- Ability to multitask and manage several articles at different stages of development.
- 5+ years of journalism or financial services company content writing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Writing, editing/proofreading, and verbal/presentation skills.
- Ability to work well with business line leaders, and account teams.
- Project management experience, and highly organized with ability to juggle multiple projects, meet tight deadlines, be proactive, own initiatives and execute to completion.
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match (U.S.)
- Three weeks of vacation, holidays, birthdays off
- Volunteer days
- Summer Fridays every other week from Memorial Day to Labor Day
- Collaborative environment
- Growing agency with opportunities for advancement
About BackBay Communications
BackBay Communications is a 17-year-old strategic integrated communications firm focused on the financial services sectors, including private equity, investment management, financial technology, and ESG/Impact investing. BackBay is highly regarded for its thought leadership initiatives and relationships with the business media. With offices in Boston and London, BackBay serves companies across the United States and Europe, and elsewhere through strategic partnerships. BackBay offers a competitive salary, full benefits package, great work environment and opportunity for advancement. Contact if interested, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Financial Services Writer – Boston.