Marketing Communications Account Executive/Senior Account Executive
BackBay Communications, a financial services-focused integrated public relations, branding and marketing firm, is seeking a Marketing Communications Account Executive or Senior Account Executive for a full-time position in our Boston office. The successful candidate will be interested in financial services and have experience implementing marketing, communication and public relations activities, as well as writing marketing materials such as emails, website copy, social media posts, brochures, etc.
We are looking for a proactive team player with a love for translating brand attributes into actionable integrated marketing and communications programs. We look for people with an entrepreneurial spirit, a desire to continuously learn and an interest in getting involved on all levels to help grow our business and produce top results for clients.
- Help manage client accounts, ensuring the quality and timeliness of projects
- Oversee the implementation of integrated communications programs for multiple clients, and proactively provide status reports to senior management
- Manage social accounts and email marketing accounts on behalf of clients
- Participate in and prepare materials for client status calls
- Serve as client contact and respond to ad hoc client requests
- Compile monthly, quarterly and annual client reports
- Draft marketing content including emails, website text, brochures, advertisements, blogs, video scripts, and social media posts
- Ensure deliverables align with each client’s unique tone of voice
- Incorporate brand messaging into written materials
- Perform competitive research and analysis
- Provide creative direction to internal and client teams
- Pitch media on the phone and by email on client news and thought leadership
- Draft public relations materials including press releases, Q&As, and media briefs
- Help manage media lists, conference lists, monthly and annual reports and identify client opportunities
- Manage speaking and awards programs
- Bachelors or Masters degree
- 1-3 years marketing communications and/or public relations experience (preferably in an agency setting)
- Demonstrated writing, editing/proofreading and verbal/presentation skills (Please provide work samples with application)
- Knowledge of WordPress, Google Analytics, and CRM platforms preferred
- Knowledgeable of or willing to learn about business and economic news
- Proactive, creative, resourceful, and professional
- Demonstrated project management skills with ability to juggle competing assignments, meet tight deadlines, be proactive, own initiatives and execute to completion
- Ability to work independently and with a team
BackBay Communications is a strategic integrated communications firm focused on the financial services sectors, including private equity, investment management, insurance, banking and financial technology. BackBay offers a unique combination of content and creativity. BackBay’s services include advertising, branding, content marketing, events, marketing materials, websites, and PR. BackBay is highly regarded for its thought leadership initiatives and relationships with the major business media. With offices in Boston and London, BackBay serves companies across the United States and Europe, and elsewhere through strategic partnerships. BackBay offers a competitive salary, full benefits package, great work environment and opportunity for advancement.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Account Executive/Senior Account Executive Job.