Senior Account Executive - Asset Management
BackBay Communications, a financial services-focused public relations and integrated marketing firm, is seeking an Account Executive for a full-time position in our Boston office to work with asset management clients. We are looking for an experienced PR agency professional with strong media relations skills and good relationships with the wealth management, investment management, RIA and business media.
We seek a proactive team player with a love for pitching the media, writing, developing client and media relationships and creating strategic integrated thought leadership programs. We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, a desire to continuously learn and an interest in getting involved on all levels to help grow our business and produce top results for clients.
- Help manage client accounts
- Pitch client news to asset management and business media
- Pitch client executives as thought leaders on industry trends and issues to asset management and business media
- Implement creative and effective integrated, content-driven communications programs for multiple clients
- Draft news releases and social media posts
- Help develop and implement annual strategic plans
- Actively monitor print and online news, blogs and social media to identify trends and client opportunities
- Develop and nurture relationships with media and other influencers
- Pitch clients for media tours in key markets and accompany clients on tours, as needed
- Manage speaking and awards programs
- Proactive, smart, friendly, professional, knowledgeable about business and economic news
- Bachelors or Masters degree
- Minimum three years of public relations agency experience
- Demonstrated writing, editing/proofreading and verbal/presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage effective media relations programs
- Demonstrated project management skills with ability to juggle competing assignments, meet tight deadlines, be proactive, own initiatives and execute to completion
- Ability to work independently and with a team
BackBay Communications is a public relations and integrated marketing firm focused on the financial services sectors, including fintech, private equity and investment management. BackBay’s services include public relations, advertising, branding, content marketing and marketing strategy. BackBay is highly regarded for its thought leadership initiatives and relationships with the major business media. With offices in Boston and London, BackBay serves companies across the United States and Europe, and elsewhere through strategic partnerships. BackBay offers a competitive salary, full benefits package, great work environment and opportunity for advancement. Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Senior Account Executive – Asset Management.